THE ETHEL LOUISE ARMSTRONG STUDENT POSTER COMPETITIONS
At the Nineteenth Annual Multiple Perspectives on Access, Inclusion & Disability: April 8, 2019
Poster Submissions are due no later than March 15, 2019
The Multiple Perspectives Conference encourages students to network with professionals, the community, and scholars who share their interests in disability at its annual student poster reception. A generous gift from the Ethel Louise Armstrong Foundation will fund awards (Graduate Research - $500; Undergraduate Research $200, Art & Performance $200, and Class Projects $200 at this year’s competition.
Submissions may focus on any aspect of disability and may be based on:
- Independent & Supervised Student Research
- Art & Performance
- Class Projects & Papers (Award goes to department to support future projects)
- Community Service & Applied Problem Solving from Service Learning Classes or student organizations (Award goes to organization/department to support future projects)
Posters can take a variety of forms including print material mounted on poster board or display panels or arranged on a table; PowerPoint presentations, web pages or video presentations from your laptop…
- Presentation materials must fit on a 3’x6’ table or along 6’ or less of wall space
- Presentation materials should present the information in 10 minutes or less
- Presenters or their designee must be present to interact with the audience
- Presenters must provide their own equipment
Visit these sites for tips on developing a poster presentation:
Students and teams of students who wish to present a poster must send the following information to ADA-OSU@osu.edu no later than March 15, 2018
- Title – 9 word maximum
- Poster Format (Print, Model, PowerPoint, Video, …)
- Description of their proposed poster topic – 500 word maximum
- E-mail address, phone number, and surface mail address of coordinating presenter
- As appropriate, university, department, grant, course or student organization affiliation
- A letter of support from a faculty member or organization advisor associated with the project
- Name of individual, Department or Organization to receive cash award should the project win.
Early submissions are encouraged. Submissions will be reviewed as they arrive. Conference fees will be waived and lunch provided for all accepted presenters.