Multiple Perspectives on
16th Annual Conference
April 13 - 14, 2016
The Ohio State University's Columbus Campus
UNDERGRADUATE AND GRADUATE STUDENTS' PERSPECTIVES COMPETITION
Intersections and Independence: 13th Annual Multiple Perspectives on Access, Inclusion & Disability
April 16 – 17, 2013
Submissions are due no later than March 15, 2013
The Multiple Perspectives Conference encourages students to network with professionals, the community, and scholars who share their interests in disability at its annual students’ perspectives reception. A generous gift from the Ethel Louise Armstrong Foundation will fund awards (Graduate Research - $500; Undergraduate Research $200; Art & Performance $200; Community Service $100; Class Projects $200) at this year’s competition.
Submissions may be based on:
- Class Projects & Papers (Award goes to support future projects.
- Independent & Supervised Student Research.
- Community Service & Applied Problem Solving from Service Learning Classes or Student Organizations.
- Art & Performance
Submissions can take a variety of forms including: Models; Print material mounted on poster board, display panels or arranged on a table; PowerPoint presentations, web pages or video presentations from your laptop …
- Presentation materials must fit on a 3’x6’ table or along 6’ or less of wall space.
- Presentation materials should present the information in 10 minutes or less.
- Presenters or their designee must be present to interact with the audience.
- Presenters must provide their own equipment.
Visit these sites for tips on developing a presentation:
Students and teams of students who wish to present must send the following information to ADA-OSU@osu.edu no later than March 15, 2013
- Short Title - 12 word maximum.
- Presentation Format (Print, Model, PowerPoint, Video, …)
- Description of their proposed topic – 250 word maximum.
- E-mail address, phone number, and surface mail address of coordinating presenter.
- As appropriate university, department, grant, course or student organization affiliation.
- A letter of support from a faculty member or organization advisor associated with the project.
- Name of Individual, Department or Organization to receive cash award should the project win.
Early submissions are encouraged. Submissions will be reviewed as they arrive.
Please Note: The full conference fees will be waived and lunch provided for presenters of accepted proposals. Presenters are responsible for their own travel and lodging.